Friday, August 20, 2010

Phuong Ha: Reflection #13

‘Just Kidding’ and ‘Ganging Up’ from Odd Girl Out by Rachel Simmons
            I am usually a person who witness people getting bullied from afar. I felt bad for that person because the bullies were saying such harsh things to the bullied. Although most of the times, the bullies only use words to attack the bullied, I witnessed a few bullying in which the bullies actually hit the bullied. My options in the situation in which I see someone getting bullied is that I can walk away, help the bullies, or help the bullied. To walk away would mean that I pretend not to see anything. This sounds cruel but I won’t be involved with it. I can help the bullies but that is an option no one would even want to choose. To help the bullied, I might also be bullied later on. This will cause me trouble because I might be another victim. If I do want to help the bullied, the best way is to get a group of friends to help as well. This way, the bullies might get intimidated.
            I think that people bully others because they think they are better than the others. I think that they are too stubborn to understand the fact that they are the same as others. With the pride they gathered up, they bully others to show it and to gather more pride. They bully because they want to show that they are stronger than the rest of the people. The reason why they want to hurt their peers might be because of jealousy, anger or frustration. They might be jealous of one of their peers with something so they want to hurt their peers. It might be from anger because bullies can hate someone and bully that someone. They might bully their peers to vent their frustrations out to people.

3 comments:

  1. I think that you put up a good point when you talk how you might get bullied in the end so your best choice would be to walk away :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. "jealousy, anger, or frustration"... interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The reason why they want to hurt their peers might be because of jealousy, anger or frustration."

    Good Point Phuong =D

    ReplyDelete